Bishop's Palace

The Palace was erected in 1804 by modification of two nobilary houses situated on the site formerly occupied by three burgher's houses. The southern wing was attached to it in 1893. The portal is decorated with a balcony. On the ground-floor there are two Gothic span portals obviously originating from the Kosice Cathedral, which were bricked up. Several Rococo and Empire tile stoves as well as a few pieces of Louis and Empire furniture have been preserved in the building. In the picture gallery there are portaits of the bishops of the Kosice diocese.




/place: Main Street 28/
MAP of the historical City centre

/Historical photograph from book KOŠICE 1780-1918/