|This two storey building in Empire style of town's noble palace originates from the 19th century. In the tympanum is the common coat of arms of the Pongrácz and Forgács families. In the years 1939 - 1940 the courtyard of the palace was provided with a roof.
At present the building is the seat of the State Scientific Library.
/place: Main Street 10/
MAP of the historical City centre
/(1) Historical photograph from book KOŠICE 1780-1918/
/(2,3) © Photo: Marián Krlička/